Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Introduction to Robotics Experience

This is the final blog entry for the Robotics Class.

In this class, I learned lots of things about robot. From constructing a robot to investigating new fuction, and completing creative activities.

First of all, I learned very functional ideas about construction of the robot. During the class, I learned the importance of modular construction and using it effectively.
Modular construction is the fuctional construction, where I can customize the robot very easily, with built up parts, and connections. Because of this modular construction, I could easily change the types of robot, and go smoothly to next new activities.

Second of all, I learned about how to program the NXT, and how to use it effectively. The NXT programming is one of the most important part of this whole class, as it control and orders robot what to do. The NXT programming is very easy, that I just have drag many individual icons, which already has action in it. However, as I starts to build harder and complexed program, the programming gets really hard. I have to use switch block, to fuction more than two different action depends on each different situation. Most importantly, the My Block became the most important. This organizes certain actions into one block, and it is helpful to make the complexed program simplar, and shorter.

Third of all, the most intersting parts, I learned about using four different sensors to complete many creative investigation. I studied all four sensor, light, touch, sound, and ultrasonic sensor. As I completed learinng about these all four sensors, I had to use all these sensors to complete the activity which is Obstacle Course. It was really interesting, as it required creativity, modular construciton, pro programming, using all four sensors.

The knowledge of science and math were also essential parts to complete activities. I had to use math to calculate angle and distance, so that I can make the robot to turn exactly 90 degrees, or exactly go for 5 meters. Science was required, for friction and balance. When I was doing the activitly called "Drag Race", the friction of the tires were important, so that I can make the robot faster or stronger. Also, I always had to think about the balance, so that the robot will not shift right or left, when going straight.

The reason supported me to prove things out during the course. As I investigate through, perfect reason was required to prove certain things. Also, the several theories were proved by going through the activities.
Communication and collaboration were very helpful. I could always talk with friends to have better idea or get new idea. Sometimes, friends were needed, when I did not know how to do or understand. As I communicate and share ideas with other people, my robot became more creative and lively.

As a whole, this class and robot investigation were interesting and never kept me bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment