Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ch.6 Building Strategies

From the Chapter 6 "Building Strategies", I learned strategies to make my robot more complexed and advanced.
I especially, put my focus on the section called "Loading the Structure"

In the section of "Loading the Structure", I learned strategies to how to support the weight of my robot.

In order to make load carrying more efficient, there are several factors that I should consider. First factor is about friction. I need to take all possible precautions to minimize it. Friction makes the robot to move harder, and slower. Second factor is to make the wheel as much as closer to the supporting beam. It is for to prevent the axle to be bent (unstability) , and to reduce the resulting force on the axle.

Third factor is about the best configuration for placing my gears. I should put gears next to the supports to reduce or elminate any gear slippage. Also, two supprting beams are better than one, as the robot will get more stabilized, and hard.

Fourth factor is about the gears in-line with supporting beams. It is for axles to run thorugh the holes in the beam being used for support. In addition, the gears should be near supports.

The position of the NXT has a strong influence on the behavior of moblie robots. I need to think very carefully about the shape and the weight of my robot, for each experiments and missions.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you noted the key factors that will improve your robot design. Friction, support for the wheels, and alignment of your drive train are all important elements to consider when you are planning your construction.

    ReplyDelete