Sunday, February 1, 2009

How does wheel size and motor rotations affect distance travelled?

After I completed the lab of the wheels and distance, I investigate to see the relationships between wheel size and distance travelled; also motor rotations and distance travelled.

From the investigations, I got perfect answer for both investigations.

For the 1st investingation, to see the relationship between wheel size and distance travelled.
I found out that, if the wheel size is bigger, then the distance travelled increase.
Of course, in this investigation, the only change is wheel size, and distance travelled. I did not change the motor rotations.

There is increase in both wheel size, and distance travelled. It is because, bigger wheel got longer (more) circumferences than the smaller wheel, therefore, when the rotation is same, the bigger wheel will go further away.

For the 2nd investigation, to see the relationship between motor rotation and distance travelled. I found out that, if the rotation is more, then the distance travelled will increase.
Of course, samely, I only change


No comments:

Post a Comment