Monday, February 2, 2009

CH.3 Hello World, My name is...

I read the CH.3 Hello World, My name is...
and learned, how to display on NXT monitor.

Of course, I use programming system to display, and in order to display, I use 'configuration' icon.
Configuration icon let me choose what and how long to display on the monitor.
For example, I can display a smile face on the monitor, while the robot is moving forward.

Moreover, there is a drawing tool, that I can make up any pictures. In order to draw, I use varied shapes and lines to draw variety of faces (or pictures).

I forgot to add that, this configuration, also lets me to display texts on the NXT monitor.

In order to make all programming and display easier, I can use data hub. This data hub lets me use data wires, which carries around the pictures and texts from one block to another.

Because of these functions, there are so many ways that I can display things on the NXT monitor, and is really easy.


The Display block can be used in a practical sense when I am desingng, running, and testing programs. The Display block shows the state of my robot, and I can know what kind of program is running. Moreover, because I know what program is running, I can also suggest the mistakes I made, and fix it later. Display block, also gives the emotion to my robot. When my robot has emotion, then it will look more alive, expand the size of creativity.


In order to add sounds and displays, I will just have to use, NXT Robot programmer. It is really easy and simple, as I just will have to put icon, and choose what to sound, and what to show. Sound will help me to determine, which state is my robot is at (for example, beep sound between forward and backward). Display also helps to determine, and by having two sound, and display, I can know more about the robot, when it is running a program. In addition, these two fuctions will make my robot more interesting, as it is like human.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your summary of Chapter 3. In your blog entry, aside from summarizing the reading from Chapter 3 and your anytime investigation, you need to also reflect on the following questions:

    * How can the Display block be used in a practical sense when you are designing, running, and testing programs?

    * How will you add sounds and displays to your future programs? What purposes will they serve?

    Will you add an additional post to your blog that completes the assignment? ~thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog a little late though
    I like how you talked about the different tools that we use and the programing software

    ReplyDelete
  3. good but a correction about when you said that the display block can make it show a design for a certain amount of time. i believe that the wait block is used for that. you might want to include how the display and sounds can be used in a practical sense. i said that in a practical sense, they can be used to play a victory song after completing a task

    ReplyDelete